Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My friend the writer

A friend of mine from back in the FLSR just so happens to be an excellent writer. He recently posted this short story entitled "Sanctification" which is just awesome, so I had to share.

Check it out here

And here's an excerpt:


Though muffled by distance and tinted Escalade windows, the crowd’s angry chants were still distinct. Maria closed her eyes and breathed in. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. She exhaled. Charlotte regarded her with folded arms.
“I still advise against this, you know. There are other ways.”
“There are other ways,” said Maria, “but there are not better ways. No guts, no glory, you know.”
With a lithe forefinger, Charlotte swept back a single bit of loose hair and tucked it back with the rest. “Yes, well, if you want to be a goddess, you’ll need to come up with some original platitudes.”
“A little Gibran, a little Nietzsche, and I’m set. No one reads them anymore anyway. Everyone will think I made it up.”
Charlotte reached over and squeezed Maria’s hand. “Please don’t do this.”
Maria raised the slender hand to her lips and kissed it. “I’m not worried. You shouldn’t be worried.”
“What if you lose your memory?”
“I’m satisfied with what we saw from the test subjects.”
“Six out of seven. That may be good, but it isn’t amazing.”

[...]

Read the rest here!

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment