Thursday, September 1, 2011

On the importance of keeping up on the news

I got burned by a current events pop quiz today... Never again.

So I've finally seriously committed to Google reader and added a few RSS feeds. I might have to move it around in the next few days, but this should do the trick... I hope. I am very grateful for modern technology: RSS feeds are a fantastic way to keep up with what's going on.

And I've mentioned this before, but World Crunch is a seriously awesome website. They are dedicated to translating a selection of news stories from around the world into English. Also, I kind of want to work for them.

Stroke of inspiration: that is a job a stay-at-home mom can do "fingers in ze nose" as my english teacher in France used to say. Ha ha. She had difficulty grasping the concept of transliteration versus translation... it's a french expression akin to "piece of cake."

Anyway. This article is interesting, from Le Monde -- a portrait of a Libyan rebel leader. And perhaps a  glimpse of what the future may hold.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the audition went.... ok. I left at a perfectly reasonable hour, but the bus decided to not show up for another solid fifteen minutes so I ended up sprinting across campus and arriving late, red, frazzled and with my hair in a mess. Did I mention frazzled? I did fine, apart from my hair falling into my eyes every three seconds... Oh, and aforementioned pop quiz was part of the auditioning process... Yeah, should have expected that one. I'll have results before Monday HOLY CRAP I JUST CHECKED MY EMAIL.

I got it!!! 

(I think I can allow myself a few extra exclamation points right now.)

I got it!!

I got it!!!!

This is one of those days where this blog is rather appropriately named. My last semester of school is going to rock.

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment