Monday, September 12, 2011

Newsfeed

Why hello there.

So I've been thinking about doing some sort of daily "news selection" posts or at least recommending articles somehow, but I didn't want to overload the blog with news everyday either. I think I've found the way to do it.

I just added a "Newsfeed" widget over to the left here that shows articles I've shared in Google reader. You can click directly on the last few links or go follow my shared items in Google reader. I seriously recommend Google Reader to begin with because it's such a simplified way to get all your news--although it's kind of hard to wade through the information overload. I'm still trying to find a way to narrow down the articles I get. For example, the Deseret News only has one RSS feed for the entire site so I get EVERYTHING they ever post... kind of obnoxious. But we'll get there.

Anyway, if you want more news but don't know where to start I've begun sharing stories I find interesting/relevant/important. It's kind of an exercise for myself, really, so that I'll get better at sifting our what is newsworthy and what's not. But if you want a daily dose of local, national and international news with a little bit of culture, religion and fashion thrown in... go on over and follow my newsfeed if you dare :)

And if you're interested in creating the widget for yourself, go here.

And it's definitely past my bedtime now. Good night.

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment