Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hit the ground running

There you have it. My first news story of the semester. I was pretty dang proud of my camera work, and while there are a few things I'd like to tweak I'm quite happy with this. This is what we call a "feature" story, which means it's not necessarily the most newsworthy thing out there but more of a community snapshot/funny story/entertaining story. But it was great to get back into the swing of things, and to practice technical aspects.



I have so many awesome projects in the works for this semester. I am SO happy to be back in the newsroom, and anchoring (which is so much fun. I feel like things are going really well). We won't be on air for another week so I really have a lot of time to get comfortable too, although it's feeling pretty good so far. My coanchor is another girl, Jenné, which is actually awesome. I think our whole team works real nicely together already. I really appreciate that our directors decided to go on a merit base rather than strictly adhering to the boy/girl ratio and the... well, gender discrimination that implies. Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I'm grateful for the opportunities they're giving us.

I'm just thrilled for all the opportunities to grow this semester. Great stuff. And what an awesome semester to end on! PS: Look out for my first interview for the Mormon Women Project next week!

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! Aiden loved watching this! Literally, he laughed out loud at least twice and had a huge smile on his face the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Allie that's hilarious! Glad he enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete