Saturday, February 12, 2011

Creativity... or lack thereof

I haven't touched the sewing machine since... Christmas break. And even then, it was to fix Andrew's shirts (that look fantastic by the way). I have simply got no inspiration right now. But do you want to know why I really don't sew anymore?

School.

It sucks the life right out of you. Seriously, it does. Sometimes I feel like I'm growing and sometimes, it just feels like a long, long to-do list that has serious consequences when you ignore it. (All things considered, it's probably a good thing I'm not sewing because then I wouldn't have time for school).

I'd call it senioritis, but I've had it since kindergarten.

I like certain things about school. I thoroughly enjoy learning, I love to read (interesting things), and I feel very motivated when I'm given a chance to push myself and achieve things I've never done before.

However, the moments where I'm actually learning and being pushed seem few and far between. School tends to just plain bore me, and it's getting to a point where, outside of my broadcast classes, I feel like my time would be better put to use job-shadowing, interning, and generally getting myself out of Provo and into the job. Unfortunately, I still have two semesters left and a slightly mind-numbing job.

But in the end, I really can't complain, because I am getting an excellent education in a program that is reputed for students that come out of the program with real experience and skills that they already know how to apply. And I have a job that pays the bills, and my colleagues really are the best. Sigh.

But it's so BOOOOOOOOOORING sometimes!



Disclaimer: this post may or may not be prompted by the fact that I am procrastinating doing pointless homework... although I suppose it doesn't count as pointless since it's worth quite a few of those.

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment