Monday, October 11, 2010

Burnout

Wow it's been a while. Who has time to blog anymore?! Certainly not I...
School is going well, even though I feel like I'm going crazy. I think I've finally gotten the hang of this college thing. I turned 22 last month :) For which birthday my dad sent me a potentially very offensive and certainly not politically correct letter--complete with photos--in celebration of the wackiness that runs in the family. He just ordered a special cable that allows you to convert VHS cassettes (remember those?) to DVD, so he's going to be converting all our old family videos, and let me tell you... there are some pearls in there!
We had a show on Friday, and it was nice to be reminded of why I enjoy dancing every once in a while. The team is great and I truly enjoy being around such sweet girls.


And yes, I totally stole this off of Facebook. Sorry Caitlin :)

My investigative reporting class is blowing my mind. The INFORMATION you can find!

I'm so data-hungry right now it's crazy. I love it. There is so much out there just for the taking, and with a little creative thinking there's a whole lot more you can gain access to. I'm astounded at just how much I love my major, it really is the best thing I could have done right now. In my journalism courses, I feel like the giddy girl I used to be in my English literature and history classes back home. People probably hate me in my classes because I'm such a teacher's pet in some senses, but GOSH, I just can't help it, I love it too much. I'm having the time of my life! It is so unbelievably thrilling to think of everything I've learned in just this last month and a half.

On another note, I just remembered something that will make you laugh. When I was about ten, I decided one day that I would have a perfect day. It would be a day where I did absolutely everything I was supposed to do (read my scriptures, say all my prayers, be nice to my sisters, mind my mother, not complain...) I called it "the Great Change." (I kid you not... I certainly had a sense for the dramatic). So I went to bed that night, and woke up the next morning in perfect mode. I tried so hard that day, and I did it: I was PERFECT for the day, I really was. I was so proud of myself that night went I said my last little prayer. And the next day, I woke up and perfect Lydia had disappeared. I thought it was going to last, but one day definitely didn't do the trick. The sad thing is, I still sometimes think in Great Change mode. I tell myself all these things I need to fix and then they never happen because it's just too much. I still don't even accomplish basic things. It's funny, because I spend so much time being busy, and yet I feel like the laziest bum in the world most of the time.
Sigh.

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment