Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas craze

I can't wait to have a Christmas when I'm not in school scrambling like a crazy person to finish stuff up before the semester ends.
We had the BDC closing social Tuesday:

In the gorgeous Alumni building
It was officially my last Ballroom dance company event... ever. That's pretty sad. But it really was time to move on. I submitted my anchor application today so cross your fingers for me and if I'm really lucky (or just that good :) then I could be an anchor for the show in the winter! I even cleared out my schedule large and wide to make sure I maximized my chances. We shall see.

One of my favorite things about team was our director: Curt Holman. He's awesome, and it's really been a pleasure working under his direction. He expects a lot out of us and pushed us hard, but he was never evil and is lots of fun too.


And of course my AWESOME teammates! Thanks everyone for a fun last semester--it's been great getting to know all these talented people, and it's really crazy what a diverse group we are--we've got engineers, linguists, scientists, sociologists, reporters :) and of course, dancers.

Tango at the faculty concert
the girls at my last show
Ok, let's go on a little tour:

First team: spring team
First number
And then came summer team, where I noticed a handsome young man named Andrew Nelson...
(OK, he actually caught my eye before that, I just happened to spend more time around him when we were on the same team)

First (and only) latin number
This photo is probably a good explanation of the reason I don't do Latin. I just don't think I have a good feel for it, ya know?

Then came fall: 10 o'clock team with Kirstyn

Of course, you can't help but take a foxy photo when dancing the foxtrot
Yep, those blue dresses again...

Oh Gab...
And concert :


Technically these outfits have skirts to them, but who needs a skirt right? I'm pretty sure the gentlemen of the company had a vote going on for best legs after this, but it's just a rumor I heard. 

And then of course backup tour team, also known as BUTT, which I think is an atrocious acronym. But that's really how we were called on the order of events list!



Bye bye Ballroom company, I really will miss you!*


*Minus the early mornings, the drama and the politics. Of course.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT PICTURE. Wow.

    For the record, you've got great legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, yours aren't too bad either.
    And I'm really sorry about your car--being a grown-up sucks sometimes. Like when you're in Las Vegas for a competition and you know you should really be studying your brains out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia! yay for ballroom and for anchor! You're so beautiful :) It'll be good to see you in the newsroom again! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kika you make me smile. also I love your name. I'm kind of going crazy because i missed the Friday meeting/party so I still don't know if I got anything yet

    ReplyDelete