Sunday, September 19, 2010

Because what you really need is another ruffle shirt tutorial...

It's true!

This shirt always felt a little off, sleeve in between long and 3/4 and the scoop neck was just wide enough that I always have to tug at it... so it's a perfect candidate for a remake! :)


The neckline is easily fixed with a few gathers..



And since I'm shortening the sleeves and have some extra fabric left... How 'bout some ruffles?!


Go here for a quick and easy ruffle-making technique.

 
Then sew them on. You can put a few in a row for longer ruffles

Tadaam!


They also help cover up the awkward gathers in the front.



Really quick, but now I have a brand new shirt. Best part is my husband really liked this one :)
I'm linking up over here:
Making
The Girl Creative

5 comments: