Sunday, January 31, 2010

Because I feel the need to tell you?

All (2, maybe 3) people who read this should probably know what my new years resolutions are:
- make more time for my friends
- never accidentally buzz a patch of my husband's head again....
- be more diligent in my gospel study... I feel so much like a hypocrite because sometimes I just don't pay that much attention to spiritual things when life gets going, and yet it's the spiritual things that keep me going.

On a somewhat related note, my testimony of visiting teaching (a program in the LDS church so that each sister is accounted for; http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,8776-1,00.html) has been reinforced today; I hadn't been very good about doing it lately: mixed up assignments, changes, moving into a new ward... and honestly I didn't really want to do it either. But I knew I should do it and so today (last day of the month...) I forced myself to call up our girls and my companion (who is pregnant and due on friday and I'm so excited for her!) and we went and visited our sisters. But I was really the one who got the most out of it: I felt for the first time like I was serving in our ward and relief society, and my VT companion is such a wonderful person; she is the sort of person that I look up to-- you know, those people who are so mature and secure with themselves and make you want to be a better person? Well she's that sort of person, and just spending the time we had toady with her was inspiring.

- be a good student. I love my program, as hard and scary as it is, and I want to show the people there that I have it in me to succeed. I feel like this is my last hurrah, these two years, and I really want to excel.
- make tour team. This one is a long stretch, and if it ever does happen it'll probably be in two years, but one can wish (and work really really hard) for it. It's been my goal ever since I was a freshly graduated high-school student in France, watching BYUTV online and dreaming about my ballroom experience at BYU. It didn't turn out quite how I expected at first, but with time and a lot of work, I've been inching ever closer to my goal. Now, I'm just one audition away, and I hope that by then I will have gotten to the point where I will be considered to represent BYU throughout the world.
- be the best wife that I can be! I hope that I always continue to try to improve our marriage; it's something that you should never stop working at, and so far it's been such a joy. I love our home together, and I want it to always be my favorite place to come home to.
- become a more admirable person. I really want to be one of those people that just ooze with confidence (but not the arrogant kind) and that people can look up to. I think that is the work of a lifetime, but I guess as long as I keep trying I'll get a little closer every year.

One last note: I am still making headbands like this one.


However, I've slightly changed my objective. There is an orphanage in Haiti that needs funds (it is run entirely on donations) and I'd like to donate all proceeds from these headbands to that orphanage. I'm also making baby and kid size ones so if you know of any little girls who want a headband.... let me know! You can just tell me the color you want and width (I can do wide ones like in the photo or 1 to 2-inch-wide ones that are more just a headband.) Here is a baby one: (wish I had a baby doll or something to model it !)

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment