Sunday, August 21, 2011

I love Sundays

Especially the ones where Andrew stays awake the whole time (now that we have church at 10:30 instead of 8, it's a lot easier on both of us...) and we come home and rant about all the dumb/false doctrine/stereotypical/gender-unconscious things people say. It makes for very stimulating mealtime discussions. It's nice to have an intelligent husband.

On a completely unrelated note: I'm making Tunisian couscous for dinner, which I'm really excited about. And pretty nervous too. This is my first time making middle eastern cuisine not from a box (you can buy it everywhere in France, completely prepackaged and all you have to do is basically heat and dish up).

I'm also looking forward to the new school year, despite some apprehension. Oh hey, our home is finally pretty much settled in, complete with homemade pillows and frames on the walls. I guess that means it's time for a housewarming party! And did I mention there's a good chance my whole family will be coming at Christmastime? I'm pretty excited to host our first Christmas :) Unfortunately, I'm also working over Christmas break. Lame.

Anyway, as part of preparation for school we're trying to fit in all that stuff we said we'd do and still hadn't done. So yesterday we went tubing down Provo river with some new friends (hey, I've made new friends, aren't you so proud of me?!) and it was plenty of fun, but there was a bit of a freak out when a little snake got curious and swam up to us. He slithered onto one of the guys that was there and just sat there with his head up, flickering his tongue and looking straight into his face... Nobody knew what to do, but thank goodness he just swam off after a few seconds (although it felt like more of an eternity). So I'd say yesterday was pretty exciting. Oh wait, I forgot the other exciting part: I drove myself all the way to Walmart and back, and ran other errands all by myself. Yes, it's pathetic, but I'm so proud of myself. It's the biggest distance I've done by myself yet, so yeah, it's kind of a big deal. I love driving!

And how about a bit of a spiritual thought to end the post:


"I don't feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them."

Galileo

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment