Sunday, November 21, 2010

Poêlée Champêtre

You know you want some.


This was one of my favorite dishes back home, and you just buy it frozen premixed for dirt cheap. However here, it doesn't really exist. Lucky for me, it's super simple to make. I'll even share the recipe with you :)

- Diced potatoes (make it simple and just get the frozen kind, or here all I had on hand were some seasoned French fries that I chopped up; it worked very nicely)
- Sautéed mushrooms (in butter of course! Oh ok, if you really want to be healthy go for the olive oil)
- You can also put in diced ham (that would make it a poêlée campagnarde)
- Sauté it all in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and herbes de provence (a blend of savory, fennel, basil and thyme--lots of thyme)
- Right at the end, throw in some diced swiss cheese or provolone.

Mmmmmmmmmmm


Edit: wow that was my 200th post! Happy 200th post day!

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment