Tuesday, July 12, 2011

(insert adjective here) Wednesdays

So I think I want to start a "thing," you know, something sort of predictable. We'll see how long that lasts, but in the meantime here is the first installment of "(insert adjective here) Wednesdays". I can't think of anything witty right now (any ideas are welcome - no, Wordless Wednedays doesn't work cause I'm not good at not using words. Also, I realize it's not quite Wednesday yet, but it's pretty close so that counts. Hey, maybe it'll become Saturdays or something, whatever). 
I plan on it being about anything I want to link to or post pictures of, as long as I don't have to come up with a major part of the content myself. Sometimes I'll share what I've been reading about, or just pictures I've been drooling over. I am feeling inspired, thanks to Pinterest (I'll invite you, just give me your email!) so here goes:

I'm thinking of combining this:

via pinterest

With this awesome idea:

via Pinterest

(Ohmygosh the dress is incredible!!! swoon. Aaaaand I realize I just sounded like a 12-year-old.)

To make the perfect duvet cover. I still haven't found the one (that's anywhere in my price range at least), so I'm thinking I'll just make it myself. Some color of linen (navy? taupe? who knows) with a big section covered in doilies (they don't all need to be perfectly white either, a mix of off-white, white and natural could work nicely) and maybe cut off the section with some of the ruffled detail from the top picture. 

In completely unrelated news, anybody have some doilies hanging around they'd like to donate for a good cause?

Also, I've had autumn on my mind lately (don't judge, I have a history of anticipating seasons way too far in advance. Quick segue: there is a diary entry from when I was 13 in which I pumped myself up for my first day back to school and I may or may not have written: "look out world, here comes the new Lydia")
Anyway... I'm thinking this is a nice back to school outfit. Or maybe that girl just has such an adorable smile that I'm instantly sold just because.

via Pinterest

That's it for today

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment