Monday, July 20, 2009

Small changes

It's funny how when we're little, we have very specific expectations: "when I'm 21 I'll be old," "when I get married I'll be a responsible grown-up."
But really, change is so gradual that it creeps up behind you and all of a sudden you realize you've changed--or that you're really still the same.
We've been engaged for about 5 months now, and I realized the other day how much we'd both changed in just these 5 small months.
I also noticed that my engagement ring has now left its mark in the form of a tan line; that made me inexplicably happy!
I had my interview with the Bishop for my permanent temple recommend... soon I will get to go to the temple and be taught.... and be sealed to Andrew for time and all eternity! I'm so grateful for how the Lord lets us progress step by step until being able to move on to higher degrees of knowledge; although I admit that I do not feel like the wise woman I thought I'd be at this moment in my life.
And all of a sudden, we are 11 days away from being married.... and it feels like the most normal thing in the world! And at the same time, the most exciting thing :)

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment