Saturday, February 6, 2010

You know what I love most about my (future) profession?
I get to meet people. All sorts of people! The other day I did what might sound like a fairly boring story (Ream's grocery store closing in Provo). But it's the sort of thing that matters a lot to a community-- the people there had been working/shopping there for a long time, the employees knew most of the customers... We ran into this adorable tiny little older woman ( I mean TINY) who as soon as she saw the camera started to show off her scarf and model for us-- She had such a huge smile! She then proceeded to tell us how reporters always wanted to interview her back in Spain, and then how she was a genealogy buff and that her whole family descended from "Granada!" And she was so excited to watch my news story the next day. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fit the footage of her into it, but it was so fun to meet her. Last week on my teen pregnancy story, we went to a community health clinic, and I expected the people there to be grumpy and too busy, but they went out of their way to help and all of them seemed so caring towards their patients. The CEO was such a humble, compassionate man who took time out of his busy day to talk about his clinic.
Meeting people like this make it all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention the job that you're doing. I love seeing your videos--you look fantastic on camera, and while I know you don't like your hair, it does look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks... coming from you that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete