Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympics!!!!!!

Guess what??!!! It's the Olympics!! (yes, I put lots of punctuation marks on purpose. I am very, very excited.) I won't go on forever, I'll just say that Winter Olympics!! are by far my favorite, purely because of ice skating. And ice dancing. I get shivers just watching reruns and pictures; I think it's so sad that people don't really care about the olympics anymore and that it's supposedly not what it purports to be, but I actually (probably naively) believe 100% in the principle of it. I love that for a short while, the entire world is stopped (actually not really, but there's still a big majority, no?) and we all send out the best of our best and watch them do their thing. Watching world champions is just an absolutely thrilling experience, and I'll admit I tend to tear up quite a bit when I watch Ice skating. Anyway, I'll stop before you die of an overdose of overzealousness.
My favorites:
-Yevgeny Plushenko (Russia) in men's solo ice skating.

He's the man. (Gotta love the hair...)

-Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder in Ice dancing.

They're French, PS. And amazing, as if being french weren't enough. I also really really like Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (US),

they're too much fun to watch! I thought they should have won in Turin, but nobody listens to me.... :(

After that, no opinion; I'm excited to see the figure skating too, but I don't really remember the couples all too well.. I'll just let myself be surprised!

Oh wait, I remember: I also want Finland to beat Sweden. That's all.

Here's a schedule to the events http://www.nbcolympics.com/event-results-schedules/index.html

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment