Friday, May 18, 2012

Good reading

Here's the thing: I actually rather like "mainstream" Christians. (I'd like them a whole lot more if they weren't so obsessed with telling Mormons we're not Christians, but that's a debate I'm frankly sick of.) But generally I enjoy discussions with fellow Christians. I find them to be inspiring people, and I think we can learn a lot from each other.

So here are two blogs I've been following more closely these days.

Her.meneutics is one I've come across several times in various research, and I typically appreciate the viewpoints. Besides, I like women getting together to discuss faith. While we may have theological differences with "traditional" Christianity, we also have much in common and there are some very good articles on there.

(I'm sarcastically using the quotation marks because born-again baptists getting to call themselves traditional is ridiculous. The only churches that could call themselves traditional, in my view, are the roman catholics and eastern orthodox Christians. Even then, they have morphed so much since their founding (and again, they weren't really Christ's original church to begin with if we're being nitpicky...) that it's hard for anybody to stake a claim to being "traditional")

Another one is a nice mash-up of Christianity and feminism. Good stuff.

And now I must get back to work.

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment