Friday, December 16, 2011

Those perfect moments

You know those times when you come up with a deliciously witty reply five minutes after the right moment has passed? Well yesterday I had a brief moment of enlightenment just at the right time. And because it happens so rarely you have to hear all about it.

Andrew and I were leaving our apartment to go practice. Another guy was leaving his apartment at the same time, and Andrew knew him so they exchanged a few formalities. "how are you doing... what are you up to..."

I've never seen this guy in my life, so I'm not particularly chatty. When Andrew tells him we're going dancing, he says "oh, if I liked dancing at all that would sound like fun."

...

Andrew gives a polite laugh, then he asks him where he's going.

"I'm getting my bowling ball from the car. I just bought a new book and I'm excited to start practicing." Oh come on, that just fell into my lap straight out of Heaven. So I pipe up:

"hey, if I liked bowling at all that would sound like fun."


It's the little things, people.

0 grain(s) de sel:

Post a Comment